You don’t need to be a pro to make a cheesecake. But, if you are making the no-bake version it’s important that you use the right ingredients to make sure your cheesecake filling will set. Do not use an all-purpose cream as a substitute for the whipping cream, otherwise you’ll have a hard time getting the right consistency for the filling.
Graham Crust Ingredients:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs or crushed digestive biscuits (optional)
6 tbs unsalted butter (melted)
2 tbs granulated whitesugar
1 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
1 8 ounce or 227 grams cream cheese
1 cup or 240 ml heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions: How to Make the Cheesecake Crust
- To make the crust, mix together the melted butter, sugar and graham cracker crumbs in a large bowl.
- Grease an 8-9 inch tart pan with removable bottom, make sure all sides are covered.
- Press the graham mixture onto the sides and bottom of the tart pan, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge while you make the cream cheese filling.
How to Make the Cheesecake Filling
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth using a hand mixer or electric mixer.
- Add the Sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and beat for a few seconds.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until you see soft peaks form.
- Mix the cream cheese mixture with the whipped cream and gradually fold or beat.
- Pour the filling over the graham cracker crust and smooth the top. Put it in the fridge overnight and serve!